BBC News, 21March, 2100 GMT: Russia appears close to taking control of a key southern city, but Ukrainian counter-attacks elsewhere in the country are hindering Russian advances.
Here are the latest developments on day 34 of the invasion:
- Ukrainian forces retake key areas to the north-west of Kyiv
- Russians advances around Chernihiv, Sumy, or Kharkiv stall
- But port city of Mariupol looks likely to fall to Russians soon
- Ukrainians still stopping Russian advances around Kherson
- Some Russian troops redeploying to eastern Donbas region
Go to –> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60506682 to read entire article.